RIB boat trip in Raet National Park in Arendal, Southern Norway.
Take a boattrip into our marine national park "Raet" and the archipelago around Arendal on Wannado's RIB. Wannado consists of the adventurous couple Tone-Pernille and Roar.
With their RIB they can transport you quickly to where you want to go or show you the sights along their route.
Do some good for the environment and the world's oceans: Join us rid a beach of all the plastic and other litter.
Season all year (if temperature and ice allow it) Everybody gets dressed up in a warm floatingoverall. If you have warm gloves and a beanie, they'll come in handy no matter which season we are in.
In 1,5 hours we can make it around the whole of Tromøy island (the biggest island in Southern Norway) and choose to stop at one of these places:
- Spornes rullesteinstrand (Pebbled beach at Spornes on Tromøy in the national park).
- Bjellandstrand gård on Tromøy with a wonderful rosegarden.
- Fredensborg, UNESCO-site Site where slaveship "Fredensborg"sank outside of Tromøy island in 1768, revealing a dark spot in Norwegian history.
- Farmen/Sandvika. At this farm the TV series "Farmen /The farm" was recorded in 2017.
- Umo shipyard with oil platform.
- Friisøya - a charming idyllic little island in the middle of the Tromøy sound with lots of history.
In a one-hour-radius of Arendal there are also these attractions:
- The Galtesound: Arendals own beautiful narrow "fjord" through which alle tall ships have to enter.
- Merdø, Merdø island is one of the best preserved outports in Southern Norway, with lovely beaches, a restaurant and a museum.
- Lille Torungen fyr Up in the lighthouse tower there is room for 12 persons around the round table 28 meters above ground. (Weather permitting, since the harbour is very exposedf here).
- Store Torungen fyr. At this lighthouse island it is possible to stay overnight for up to 26 persons. Or just for dayvisits or having a party/meeting in the boathouse.
- Jerkholmen, an islet in the national park where we can go ashore and help clean up along the shoreline.
The light at the sea is especially beautiful and serene during the winter. It also lets you feel like one with the universe when you are almost alone on the great big ocean. But in the end it's your choice: summer or winter. Just know that they can take you on a boattrip to remember any time of the year.
It is also possible to combine the boattrip with something to eat, preferably outside by the ocean or on our (bigger) boat "Delfin Senior". Ask for price offers.
Sandøya, island off the coast at Tvedestrand, only reachable by boat, has a very creative and artistic population welcoming guests with open arms in thir small restaurant or café/bakery. They drive you there from Arendal or another place of your choice.
A booking form will be sent to you if you want to book in advance. Drop-in-trips are paid before the trip starts, either by debit card, cash. (or Vipps for those with a Norwegian bank account).
"Sjøfartsdirektoratet" - The Norwegian Maritime Autority has a rule that says that persons under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
Contact Roar for boatchat or a booking: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile phone: +47 94826710.