Take a time-out and find inner peace at SvalBad, our floating, wood burning sauna. Here you can enjoy the view of Hiorthfjellet or, if you're lucky, see the northern lights during the polar nights. If it gets too warm in the sauna, you can take a refreshing bath outside in the arctic waters of Adventfjorden.
SvalBad is a completely different experience. Here, time will slow down– and so will your heart rate, and it’s time for those warm conversations, or to just enjoy the peaceful silence.
By booking the sauna for a private group, the sauna is reserved only for you or your own private group of up to 14 people.
Through the large windows you can enjoy the view of the city’s mountain, Hjorthfjellet, in all its glory, or maybe see the northern lights over the clear, star filled sky during the polar nights.
SvalBad is a floating, wood burning sauna docked by the port of Longyearbyen. Both the float and the sauna itself is largely built with repurposed materials from old buildings, both from Longyearbyen and Svea. Local history is literally built into the walls and we’re proud to say that SvalBad is a result of great teamwork, great local commitment – and a great example of circular economy.
In SvalBad you will be given a warm welcome by your sauna host, who has preheated the sauna for you. You will then get a brief summary of rules and some good sauna advice.
Now it’s time to feel the heat – and maybe take a refreshing dip in the sea.
There's both research and myths about saunas and ice bathing that we can neither confirm or deny, but we can promise you one thing: The pleasant feeling of well-being!
- We accept bookings for a maximum of 14 people.
- Bring two towels, one to sit on, and one to dry yourself off.
- Bring water for consumption
- Wooly socks is your best friend after a refreshing bath! Bring some!
- The age limit for using SvalBad is 18. Children over the age of 10 can use SvalBad when accompanied by a parent or a guardian.
- In case of cancellation due to bad weather, the ticket will be refunded.
- In a closed party it is acceptable to bring 1-2 units of alcohol per person such as beer or wine. Avoid bringing bottles and glasses that can break easily. Avoid bringing coloured drinks that can leave marks on the wooden interiors. Bring your waste/empty bottles with you when you leave!
Meeting place: The parking lot next to Turistkaia, Port of Longyearbyen.
|Groups||2,000.00 Per piece|
|* Price from|