Balke church is the main church for the parish of Balke. It has an imposing position in the landscape and is visible from afar. Around 4,200 people belong to the parish of Balke.
Balke church is very old, the oldest parts of the building date back to around 1170. The church has traces of Romanesque, Norman and early Gothic architecture. It is a long church and is built from carved limestone. It was extended in 1714, and has been refurbished many times, most recently in 1967. Balke church seats a total of 208 people.
The altar piece was made by Jon Narveson in 1526. It depicts 11 saints with the Virgin Mary and baby Jesus.