Experience and uncover the undeniable magic of the Northern Lights on a chase with a professional guide. Tromsø Guide has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2018 and 2019 for its exceptional service.
You will be chasing the Aurora in the surrounding areas of Tromsø in a brand-new minivan on a small-group tour limited to 7 people. While being on the chase, you’ll learn and deepen your knowledge about the phenomenon and enjoy personalized attention from our trained guide who uses unique knowledge, engaging storytelling, and technology to elevate the chase to a whole new level.
• 5-6 hours of personalized Northern Lights chase
• Enjoy knowledgeable and engaging narration by our professional and charming guide
• Follow our guide’s tips on how to take Aurora photos. Do it yourself
• Enjoy snacks and hot drinks
• Ask for child safety seat/seat booster if you bring children
• Small-group format ensures a personalized experience
What you can expect:
Meet your guide at Kirkegata 2 (in front of ‘Troms Hiking Association/Troms Turlag’ office) and then set off on your chase to uncover one of the most extraordinary phenomena. The weather and the micro-climates shortly before (2-3 hours) the chase begins and during the chase will play a role in where we decide to drive our guests to look for the Northern Lights.
The Northern Lights have fascinated people for centuries. The Aurora Borealis was long associated with fear, spirituality, and supernatural forces. Eventually, reason and research have dismissed superstition but the undeniable magic remains.
To offer the ultimate entertaining quest for Aurora, your guide is leveraging unique knowledge, engaging storytelling, and technology. Your expert guide will take you to the favorite and best spots around Tromsø to experience the Aurora in the magnificent scenery with stunning mountains and fjords.
You will be supplied with cozy thermal suits and special overshoes to keep you warm and smiley on the chase. Warm snacks and our variety of hot drinks will keep you energized.
The chase intentionally lasts for up to 5–6 hours, meaning that your guide will try to have you back at your hotel or accommodation in Tromsø after midnight. Such return to Tromsø usually allows our guests to stay energetic and prepared for other planned activities next day. It is absolutely perfect for parents traveling with children.
Included: Professional guide, snacks & hot drinks, hand warmers, transport in a comfortable Volkswagen Caravelle 2018, tripod, photography tips, pictures of the tour sent by email, child safety seat/booster seat upon request.
Duration: 5–6 hours
Number of participants: 2–7
Level of difficulty: Easy. Minimum walking might be needed
26. August – 15. September: 9pm (21:00)
16. September – 31. October: 8pm (20:00)
1. November – 31. March: 7pm (19:00)
1. April – 15. April: 9pm (21:00)
Street address: Kirkegata 2
In front of ‘Troms Hiking Association/Troms Turlag’ office
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES (To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep our guests and guides safe, we are introducing several safety measures):
• Guests with common COVID-19 symptoms (e.g., fever, dry cough, soar throat, headache), unfortunately, won’t be able to join our tours
• Warm thermal suits, overshoes, and mittens are not included during the 2020/2021 season
• Face masks required for travelers in public areas
• Face masks required for guides in public areas
• Face masks provided for travelers
• Hand sanitizer available for travelers and staff
• Social distancing enforced throughout experience
• Gear/equipment sanitized between use
• Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized